Paneer Pasanda Recipe पनीर पसंदा
Paneer Pasanda is a delectable dish from north India. It is made from dry fruit stuffed paneer cooked in rich creamy gravy.
Paneer Pasanda Recipe
For Paneer Preparation
- Paneer: 250 Gms
- Corn Flour: 2Tbsp
- Ginger Paste: 1/2 tsp
- Almonds and Broken Cashew Nuts: 1Tbsp
- Raisins (Kishmish/Saungi): 1Tbsp
- Salt and Green Coriander: To taste
- Onions Chopped: 1 cup
- Onions Sliced: 2 Nos.
- Garlic: 6 Cloves
- Ginger: 1 cm piece
- Cashew Nuts: 2 Tbsp
- Curd: 1 Cup
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
- Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: To Taste
- Oil: To Fry
- Cut paneer into pieces of 1.5 to 2 inch and 1 to 1.5 cm thick. Split them from inside as shown in picture below and keep aside.
- Make stuffing with remaining paneer, chopped cashew nuts, chopped almonds, raisins, coriander leaves, ginger paste and a pinch of salt. Mix well with fingers.
- Fill stuffing into paneer pieces.
- Make batter with cornflour or ararot and water with a pinch of salt.
- Cover paneer pieces with this batter and fry till slightly brown. Keep aside.
We need to make two separate gravies. Lets first make the white gravy with onions and cashew nuts.
- Boil chopped onions in 1 cup of water until soft. Add ginger garlic and cashew nuts and grind in a grinder to make a white paste. Keep separate.
- Now, fry the sliced onions until golden brown. Drain oil out of these and grind in a grinder using little water to make a fine brown onion paste.
- Heat oil in a separate pan and add the white gravy of onions and cashew that we made first. Add red chilly powder and garam masala and cook till oil separates.
- Turn off the gas, and add whisked curd and mix well. cook over slow flame for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add brown onion paste and add salt and cook for another 2 -3 minutes.
- Add Paneer, simmer for few minutes and serve with parantha, poori or chapati.